This guide is meant to informally help graduate students navigate some of the requirements of applying for GSA Recognition Awards. Any further questions regarding GSA Recognition Awards can be directed to email@example.com.
Information on the GSA Recognition Awards and Adjudication Criteria, as well as the composition and mandate of the GSA Awards Selection Committee, can be found in GSA Bylaw and Policy, Section O: GSA Recognition Awards.
Information on the GSA Recognition Awards Adjudication Procedures can be found in GSA Board Policy.
If there is any discrepancy between the information on this website and the information found in GSA Bylaw and Policy and GSA Board Policy, GSA Bylaw and Policy and GSA Board Policy take precedent.
- Are you a Graduate Research Assistant (GRA)? If yes, then review the information for the Graduate Student Research Assistant Awards.
- Do you have an exceptional record of publications and conference presentations related to quality research/creative activity? If yes, then review the information for the Martha Piper Awards.
COMMUNITY SERVICE AND VOLUNTEERING
- Do you have a strong record of community service and volunteering?
Are you an INTERNATIONAL Student? Do you have an excellent record of service, research, and teaching?
Are you in the FIRST YEAR or YEAR AND A HALF of your graduate program? Do you have an exceptionally strong record of service, research, and teaching?
- The GSA also recognizes the important role of Academically-Related Graduate Student Groups in graduate student life. Please consider reviewing the eligibility requirements and nominating your registered GSA graduate student group for the GSA Graduate Student Group Grant.
- There are also a number of awards recognizing the amazing Faculty and Staff, Alumni, and Benefactors who support and mentor graduate students; these awards include the Academic Staff Award, Non-Academic Staff Award, Life-Long Membership Award, and Graduate Student Supervisor Awards. Please review the information for these awards and consider nominating eligible individuals. Group nominations are not accepted.
Any questions about GSA Recognition Awards should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org