In order to be eligible to come to UAlberta as an exchange student:
- Your home institution must have a formal exchange agreement with UAlberta.
- Please note that a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between your home institution and UAlberta is not sufficient. A formal student exchange agreement must be in place.
- You must first apply for exchange and receive a nomination through your home institution.
- You must be registered as a full-time student at your home institution at the time of your application for exchange and while you are on exchange at UAlberta.
- You cannot apply for a graduate-level exchange while you are still an undergraduate student.
- With two exceptions (Faculty of Engineering and the Alberta School of Business), you must present a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4 point scale) to be considered for an exchange at UAlberta.
- To be considered for an exchange with the Faculty of Engineering, you must present a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4 point scale) and have completed four semesters in an Engineering program prior to the start of your exchange.
- You need a cumulative GPA of 2.8 (on a 4 point scale) and had to have completed 4 semesters in a business program by the time the exchange program starts if you wish to be considered for an exchange to our Alberta School of Business. In addition, all students must demonstrate having completed micro- and macroeconomics coursework and additional courses may be required depending upon course work sought while on exchange.