In order to be eligible to come to UAlberta as an exchange student:
- Your home institution must have a formal exchange agreement with UAlberta.
- Please note that a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between your home institution and UAlberta is not sufficient. A formal student exchange agreement must be in place.
- You must first apply for exchange and receive a nomination through your home institution.
- You must be registered as a full-time student at your home institution at the time of your application for exchange and while you are on exchange at UAlberta.
- You cannot apply for a graduate-level exchange while you are still an undergraduate student.
- With one exception (Faculty of Engineering), you must present a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4 point scale) to be considered for an exchange at UAlberta.
- To be considered for an exchange with the Faculty of Engineering, you must present a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4 point scale) and have completed four semesters in an Engineering program prior to the start of your exchange.
- All students must check to make sure that they satisfy the UAlberta English Proficiency Requirement.