Our Emergency Loans program offers short-term, interest-free loans designed to cover temporary financial shortfalls due to delays in funding (e.g., government student loan is late) or unexpected expenses (e.g., necessary car repairs, emergency dental work). Loans can also help temporarily cover essential living expenses, such as rent or groceries. Loans cannot be used to pay for any university tuition or fees. If your financial shortfall is not temporary or short-term, please refer to the Supplementary Bursary program for non-repayable funding support.
Loans are expected to be fully repaid within six months of the loan disbursement. This ensures that other students are able to benefit from the program. In order to receive a loan, you must be able to demonstrate the ability to repay the loan within a 6-month time period*. A financial hold will be automatically placed on your student account if there is a balance owing on your loan by your due date. Financial holds restrict your ability to register in courses and access official documentation such as transcripts or degree parchments. For more information about this policy see the University Calendar ("Overdue Accounts").
*Note that this due date may be shortened for students who are convocating.
In order to qualify for an emergency loan, you must:
- Be a current University of Alberta student eligible to continue in your undergraduate or graduate program
- Have satisfactory academic standing based on your most recent term
- Undergraduate students: minimum 2.0 GPA
- Graduate students: minimum 2.7 GPA
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to repay the loan
- Be able to demonstrate that you are facing urgent financial issues
How to apply
- Book an appointment with an advisor to discuss your financial situation and present documentation that supports your financial need. To schedule an appointment, contact Student Connect. Be sure to accept the appointment in your calendar and check your Spam folder in case our message is not making it to your inbox. (If filling out the email form, select “Emergency Funding Appointments” as the subject.)
- Visit Application for Financial Support to access the Emergency Loan application.
- Complete and submit the online application at least one business day prior to your appointment.
- On the day of your appointment, bring along your ONEcard as well as evidence of your ability to repay the emergency loan within six months (e.g., upcoming government student loan disbursement, pay slips, letter of employment).
Augustana students: Contact Augustana Student Services to apply for an emergency loan on your campus.
U of A students who are not on the main campus during their study period: Email email@example.com to discuss appointment options.
If your application is approved by your advisor at your consultation session, you will be given the option to receive your loan via same-day e-transfer or same-day cash payment. Cash payments are disbursed on the third floor of the Administration Building, at the Financial Services office.
Repaying your loan
Payments must be made in person at the Financial Services office, on the third floor of the Administration Building. Electronic payments are not available at this time.
Accepted forms of payment include:
- Money order