Standardized, consensus and evidence derived post-operative shoulder rehabilitation guidelines for patients following Arthroscopic Bankart, Arthroscopic/Mini-Open Rotator Cuff Repairs and Total Shoulder Arthroplasty have been developed by a multidisciplinary team of physical therapists, orthopedic surgeons and physicians known as SURGE (Shoulder and Elbow Research Group of Edmonton).
These guidelines provide a common platform from which physical therapists, surgeons and physicians can work. The hope is that these new guidelines will lead to improved, standardized care for post-operative shoulder patients, as well as provide information that is appropriate (to the specific surgical procedure and patient), beneficial and worthwhile (providing the user with useful, easy to interpret information).
More information about the development of the Edmonton Region Shoulder Rehabilitation Guidelines.
The following shoulder rehabilitation guidelines have been developed:
1) Edmonton Region Shoulder Rehabilitation Guidelines – Arthroscopic Bankart Repair
2) Edmonton Region Shoulder Rehabilitation Guidelines – STANDARD Arthroscopic/Mini-Open Rotator Cuff Repair
3) Edmonton Region Shoulder Rehabilitation Guidelines – NON-STANDARD Arthroscopic/Mini-Open Rotator Cuff Repair
4) Edmonton Region Total Shoulder Arthroplasty Guidelines
More information regarding the Shoulder Rehabilitation Guidelines may be obtained by viewing the following power point presentations:
1) Edmonton Region Shoulder Rehabilitation Guidelines –Introduction
2) Edmonton Region Shoulder Rehabilitation Guidelines – Arthroscopic Bankart Repair
3) Edmonton Region Shoulder Rehabilitation Guidelines – STANDARD and NON-STANDARD Arthroscopic/Mini-Open Rotator Cuff Repair
The following videos contain information and demonstrations of the specific treatment interventions for each phase of the shoulder guidelines:
Phase I - Bankart Repair Guidelines
Phase II - Bankart Repair Guidelines
Phase III - Bankart Repair Guidelines
Phase I - Standard RC Guidelines
Phase II - Standard RC Guidelines
Phase III - Standard RC Guidelines
Non-Standard RC Guidelines