The MITACS Globalink Internship Program offers travel funding for undergraduate students between Canada and several international partners. From May to September of each year, top-ranked applicants participate in a 12-week research internship under the supervision of UAlberta faculty members in a variety of academic disciplines, from science, engineering, and mathematics to the humanities and social sciences.
Globalink Research Interns receive funding support for:
- Flight to Canada
- Transportation from airport in Canada to accommodations
- Stipend for housing
- Health insurance
- Student enrolment fees
- Stipend for food and incidentals
More detailed information can be found on the Mitacs Globalink website.
University of Alberta International also provides interns with full support for before, during and after their placement. Each intern is offered the following:
- A one-on-one orientation
- Professional development seminars
- Academic networking opportunities
- An opportunity to present their research during a poster symposium
Each intern also has the option to participate in the following activities:
- Trips to the Canadian Rocky Mountains (Banff, Jasper)
- Weekly social programming
- Cultural events offered in Canada's "Festival City"
For Faculty Members
The MITACS Globalink program places talented interns with UAlberta researchers. Learn about hosting an intern.