RWTH Aachen – University of Alberta Junior Research Fellowships
The Junior Research Fellowship Program aims to enable and facilitate cooperation in research and education between the RWTH Aachen and the University of Alberta.
Who can apply?
Master's students and doctoral candidates from RWTH Aachen
Scholarship Amount and Funding Period
600 Euros per month for up to six months and a one-time travel allowance of 925 euros
Aims of the Fellowship
Conducting research as part of the Master's or doctoral thesis (including research internships)
- Excellent Academic Performance
- Strategic value for the partnership between RWTH and University of Alberta (see "Letter of recommendation" under Application Documents)
- March 31, 2019
- September 30, 2019
- Applications are accepted any time of the year though and – if necessary – may be treated as a priority if necessary for the project
Application Documents in English
- Curriculum Vitae with contact details (mailing address, e-mail)
- Declaration of objectives with an outline of the research project, name of the supervisor, information on the duration of the stay, description of the expected results totaling 1-2 pages
- Letter of recommendation from the supervisor of the home university with reference to the research project and details on the expected outcome and/or prospective cooperation in the future
- Confirmation of supervision of the host university with reference to the research project as well as details on the expected outcome and/or prospective cooperation in the future
- Enrollment certification from your home university
- Transcript of records
- A copy of your passport
Please send all your application documents as a pdf attachment via email to Mr. Rene Seyfarth at email@example.com (Coordinator, Strategic partnerships; RWTH Aachen International Office). We do recommend that you get in touch with us before you submit your application so that we can discuss the project beforehand - we are happy to assist you!