The UARE provides a unique opportunity for talented senior undergraduate students from key partner universities around the world to conduct research under the supervision of faculty members who are experts in their field.
Students gain hands-on research experience working under an expert in their academic discipline and receive a stipend of $6,000 CAD ($4,500 USD), which will cover the costs associated with living in Edmonton during the 12 week program.
Research placements are available during the winter (January to April) and summer (May to August).
University of Alberta International provides interns with full support for before, during and after their placement. Each intern is offered the following:
- A one-on-one orientation
- Professional development seminars
- Academic networking opportunities
- An opportunity to present their research during a poster symposium
Each intern also has the option to participate in the following activities:
- Trips to the Canadian Rocky Mountains (Banff, Jasper)
- Weekly social programming
- Cultural events offered in Canada's "Festival City"
For Faculty Members
The UARE program places talented interns with UAlberta researchers. Learn about hosting an intern.