The benefits of joining Alumni Student Council.
- Build relationships with important and interesting U of A alumni
- Gain experience managing grant funds
- Opportunities to shape the campus and its future
- Chance to expand your networks beyond your peers and into the professional sector
What is Alumni Student Council?
Alumni Student Council bridges the gap between alumni and students, provides student perspectives on Alumni Association activities and events, and promotes awareness of the Association to the student body. We create opportunities for student and alumni engagement by supporting and developing student programs.
What council members do on Alumni Student Council?
Student council members help with the following projects:
- Providing feedback on student engagement pieces for Alumni Walk design, and communicate/advertise new developments on campus
- Adjudicate grant applications and distribute funding
- Attending Alumni Council meetings as a non-voting member
- Flagging interesting opportunities for Alumni to attend campus events, speak, or become involved with student initiatives
- Helping us with selection for Alumni Awards
- Planning great alumni-student events