The Community Social Work Team works with partners from across campus on "Days of Action", providing information, engaging in discussion, and challenging stigma at the University of Alberta.
April 6, 2018: World Health Day
World Health Day, internationally recognized by the World Health Organization, raises awareness of health for all humankind. The World Health Organization strives to continually advance their mandate to meet the needs of communities, and believes Universal Health Coverage (UHC) is key to the individual's and community’s well being. The UHC initiative aims to ensure that everyone, everywhere, can access quality health services without discrimination and regardless of financial situation.
Join the conversation and help bring greater awareness to UHC and how it influences and shapes both individual and community well-being using #HealthForAll #WorldHealthDay #UAlberta
Individual Health: practice preventative health care
Community Health: ensure our health care system meets the needs of all
- Learn about disparities in health care:
- Strengthen your skills to help others:
- Learn more about the opioid crisis and how to use a Naloxone kit.
- Take QPR, a free suicide prevention course on North Campus and available at Augustana Campus through Community Helpers.
- Develop your helping skills and resource knowledge through Community Helpers (available at both Augustana Campus and North Campus)
- Support community well being through these great volunteer opportunities: