Students enrolled in the Fresh Start Program must:
- Attend an Intake Session during the spring/summer at which a Fresh Start Advisor will review information about Fresh Start Program policies, procedures, requirements, and application forms.
- Pay the $500 Fresh Start Program fee.
- Successfully complete an online non-credit course entitled “Cognitive Strategies” in the fall and winter terms.
- Attend monthly seminars scheduled in the fall and winter terms.
- Take a reduced course load of between 18 and 24 in a single academic year consisting of the fall or winter terms.
- Achieve a GPA of 2.7 or greater on a minimum of 18 credits or a GPA of 2.0 or greater on a minimum of 24 credits.
Supplementary instruction or other assistance such as math help, writing instruction, time management, study skills, etc., may be required as assessed by the Faculty from which the student received the RTW, the Fresh Start Program, and/or Academic Success Centre staff.
Complete program details reviewed in the Intake Session and the Cognitive Strategies course. For more information, review Fresh Start General Admission and Open Studies Fresh Start Program in the University of Alberta Calendar.