We have a strong environment for our rheumatology residents by providing a diverse experience, warm atmosphere, and a strong educational component with the full support of our rheumatology staff over the two years of the residency training program.
Highlights of our program include:
- Large catchment area covering Northern Alberta as well the Northwest Territories, with a diverse variety of disease
- Friendly approachable staff with an interest in education
- A weekly Half Day Fellows Continuity Clinic
- Weekly Academic Half Days with emphasis on clinical disease: pathogenesis, an immunology and ethics course
- Portfolio for maintaining CanMEDs topics
- Regular rheumatology exam preparation
- Formal Department of Internal Medicine Royal College preparation in conjunction with other PGY4’s
- Equal opportunities to work in both the academic and community setting
- World class research opportunities
- Outreach clinics to Red Deer, Edson, and Yellowknife
- Regular injection clinics
For more information on the application & selection process, please visit the CaRMS (Canadian Resident Matching Service) website. Also, please feel free to contact our program administrator, Melissa Rice at (780) 248-1509, or email at email@example.com.
Program Director: Dr. Carrie Ye