The International Institute for Qualitative Methodology (IIQM) with sponsorship from ATLAS.ti, will annually present an award to an outstanding Masters level dissertation and PhD level dissertation, from any academic discipline, containing research based on qualitative methodology.
Each winner receives:
- $3000 cash award, exclusively sponsored by ATLAS.ti Scientific Software Development GmbH
- ATLAS.ti software license
- Complimentary ATLAS.ti training
- Complimentary registration to QHR 2017
Award presentation for the ATLAS.ti IIQM Dissertation Awards will take place at the 23rd Qualitative Health Research (QHR) Conference in Quebec City, Canada in October 2017. The award recipients will also be showcased on the IIQM website. Please note that the recipients will be required to present major findings at the conference. Complimentary conference registration will be provided.
Applications for the awards will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Sophistication of the theoretical approach
- Innovativeness of research method
- Clarity of research procedures
- Quality of writing
Dissertations must have been successfully defended within 18 months of the award's submission deadline in order to be considered. Receiving or being considered for other awards does not preclude a student from applying for this award.
PLEASE NOTE: The utilization of a software package for data analysis is not a requirement of this award.