Often the most innovative research comes from those just starting their careers. As such, QSR International, in association with the International Institute for Qualitative Methodology (IIQM), is thrilled to be supporting the next generation of qualitative research innovation!
Announcing the QSR-IIQM Research Grant for Early Career Researchers
The Grant will allow for US$25,000 in funding over two years, to an Early Career Researcher with a project that shows promise and contribution to knowledge.
To be eligible to apply you:
- must have been awarded your PhD in 2011 or later;
- must have an academic appointment at an institution of higher education;
- must have a proposal for a qualitative or mixed method research project;
- ·need to have the support of your head of department; and,
- research needs to involve the use of NVivo for at least part of the data analysis
Applications will be accepted from 10 July 2019—29 November 2019. Submissions must be in by 23:59 MST on 29 November 2019.
Proposals will be reviewed and assessed by a scientific committee appointed by QSR and IIQM. The committee will be looking for the following:
- a clearly stated and realistic research idea and budget
- an appropriate, relevant review of the literature supporting the significance of the research proposal
- a research design that is appropriate for the stated aims
- a detailed, realistic plan for data collection and analysis
- the kinds of output planned for the research results
Extra points will be awarded if the proposal is innovative in terms of any of the following:
- the subject of research
- the research design
- the data collection method
- the analysis process or the output
The successful applicant will be notified by 29 February 2020