UAlberta North promotes and supports northern and circumpolar research and education across all faculties at the University of Alberta. This is done in a number of ways, for example by:
- providing seed-funding for faculty and students;
- facilitating student and faculty exchanges;
- enhancing the benefits of research to northern communities through community capacity-building and expanded opportunities for dissemination of community knowledge and experience;
- communicating research through workshops and seminars;
- fostering discovery-based learning environment through cross-faculty co-operation, building international research connections, and hosting visiting researchers and scholars.