The faculty’s Science Education and Learning Innovation Facilitation Team (SciLIFT) exists to guide and encourage efforts in learning and innovation.
This science-specific teaching and learning team provides continuous support to the faculty through:
- educational design
- technological implementation
- blended learning assistance
- MOOC development
- scholarship of teaching and learning collaboration
- teaching and learning workshops
- and individual instructor consultations
Interested faculty can learn more by contacting the SciLIFT team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teaching and Learning Enhancement Fund (TLEF) awards enable educators to improve their courses through substantially redesigning a curriculum of studies, developing educational resources, and/or researching educational outcomes achieved through using innovative educational methods.
Recently funded innovative educational projects out of the Faculty of Science include:
- Creation and Implementation of Methods Modules in Introductory Psychology Courses
- Assessing the effectiveness of community service learning and discovery learning to promote intercultural competencies in students who study abroad and students who do not study abroad
- Trilobite Learning Centre
- The UAlberta geekStarter Science Hardware Hackerspace
- Computer-‐based Content Across the Mathematics Curriculum
See a full listing of innovative educational projects funded by year on the TLEF site.