Accommodations Funding + Payments

Canadian students using Accessibility Resources-approved, fundable services must apply for provincial and federal grants to defray costs of services. Funded services include, but are not limited to note taking, alternate format, adaptive technology, academic strategies, tutoring, interpreting/CART, and educational attendants. Students must adhere to strict Provincial Student Aid deadlines.

You do not need to take out a loan to receive a grant; however, you need to be eligible to receive a loan to receive a grant. If are approved for a loan, you do not have to use the loan monies - you can return the loan to the appropriate provincial student financial aid office and still use the grant monies.

Refer to the Canada Student Loans Program website for more information about Student Aid. If you do not qualify for federal/provincial funding you may be funded through an alternate source, upon proof of application and ineligibility for student aid.

When you apply for student aid, you will receive confirmation that your application has been received. The confirmation method varies amongst provinces. Provision of proof of application for student aid is required for Accessibility Resources Accessibility Advisors to renew accommodations.


All students (except international students) using approved accommodation services with Accessibility Resources are required to apply for provincial and federal grants to defray the costs of those services.


Paying for Services

During the course of the academic year, students will be sent an email outlining the cost of the services accessed, and how much (if any) of their grant(s) remains.


If you are using only exam accommodations you do not need to apply for a student loan to determine grant eligibility. Student Connect and/or Student Financial Services can assist you with questions regarding student aid applications.