Current Students

Support Services

Need Help Now?

If there is immediate risk of harm to yourself or others, contact 911. 

There are many services here for you on campus during the weekdays, but only a few are available in the evenings and on weekends.

Listed below are off-campus community supports available to you, as well as on-campus supports open during the day.

Off-Campus Support

  • 211 Alberta211 (24-hour)
    Connect to the community and social services that are right for you.
  • Alberta Mental Health Help Line1-877-303-2642 (24-hour)
    Access confidential, anonymous crisis intervention, information about mental health programs and services, and referrals.
  • Child Intervention Service1-800-638-0715
    Call when concerns a child or youth is being neglected or abused by a parent or guardian.
  • Community Urgent Services and Stabilization Team780-342-7777 (24-hour)
    Call to access a range of in-home assessments and support services if you or a family member is in an acute mental health crisis.
  • Drop-in YEG780-414-6300
    Access free drop-in psychological counselling services within your community.
  • Edmonton Police Services Non-Emergency Line780-423-4567 or 377 (mobile) (24-hour)
  • First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line1-855-242-3310 (24-hour)
    Find crisis intervention counselling support if you are a First Nations or Inuit young person or adult.
  • Health link Alberta811 (24-hour)
    Access quick and easy advice from a registered nurse. They will ask questions, assess symptoms, and determine the best care for you.
  • Kids Help Phone1-800-668-6868 (24-hour)
    Bilingual and anonymous phone counselling, web counselling, and referral service for youth under the age of 22.
  • Momentum Counselling780-757-0900
    Walk-in mental health triage centre that provides support to those who cannot pay or wait to access services through the traditional health care system. 
  • The Support Network Distress Line for Edmonton & Area1-800-638-0715 (24-hour)
    Call the Distress Line to talk through any crisis you or someone you know is experiencing.
  • Today Family Violence Help Centre780-455-6880
    Provides immediate, integrated services to individuals impacted by family violence.
  • Trans Lifeline1-877-330-6366
    A non-profit hotline dedicated to the well-being of transgender people. 

On-Campus Support

  • Community Social Work Team780-492-3342
    Get assistance or consultation if you are experiencing a challenging situation.
  • Counselling and Clinical Services780-492-5205
    Access free, confidential services for a range of mental health concerns.
  • First Peoples' House780-492-5677
    Find a supportive environment for First Nations, Métis, and Inuit students.
  • Interfaith Chaplains Association780-492-0339
    Find spiritual guidance, care, and support, whether or not you identify with a particular faith.
  • International Student Services780-492-2692
    Get support for challenges associated with adjusting to life at the U of A and Canada.
  • Office of Safe Disclosure & Human Rights780-492-7325
    Disclose concerns about how U of A policies, procedures, or ethical standards are being applied in a safe, neutral, and confidential space.
  • Office of the Student Ombuds780-492-4689
    Receive confidential advice and support when dealing with academic, discipline, interpersonal, and financial issues.
  • Peer Support Centre780-492-4357
    Access free, confidential, and non-judgmental support from trained student volunteers.
  • Protective Services780-492-5050
    Call the community peace officer agency for support in prevention, intervention, and response to risks and emerging issues of safety and security.
  • Sexual Assault Centre780-492-9771
    Access free and confidential counselling and support if you are affected by sexual assault, sexual harassment, relationship violence, or stalking.
  • Student Connect (Financial Support Services)780-492-3113
    Find information and support in undergraduate scholarships and awards, financial aid, government student loans, bursaries, and emergency funding.
  • Student Legal Services780-492-2226
    Understand your legal issues and solve your legal problems at the student-managed, non-profit society.
  • Student Success Centre780-492-2682
    Find professional support to strengthen your academic skills and achieve your academic goals.
  • The Landing780-492-4949
    Visit the student space for gender and sexual diversity, offering peer mentorship, resources, and referrals when working through issues around gender and sexual identify related stressors.
  • University Health Centre780-492-2612
    Visit the Centre for comprehensive medical care, including assessment and treatment of mental health concerns.