The Department of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences houses a wide variety of state-of-the-art facilities to support research
in a broad spectrum of fields.
- Arctic Resources Laboratory,
- Centre for Earth Observation Sciences,
- De Beers Laboratory of Diamond Research,
- Electron Microprobe Laboratory,
- Ice Core Laboratory and Archives,
- Meteorite Collection,
- Micropaleontology Laboratory,
- Paleontology Museum,
- Petrology Undergraduate Laboratory,
- Scanning Electron Microscope Laboratory,
- X-Ray Diffraction Laboratory, and more.
For more information about our analytical services, collections and museums, research facilities, and teaching labs click on the following links:
There are many talented researchers and faculty within the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences whose work leads to countless discoveries that help us understand our planet and the various systems within. From the solid earth below sea level to the peaks of mountains and the atmosphere above, our researchers are constantly probing for answers and insights.
To find an expert on anything related to earth and atmospheric sciences, click through the various categories listed below.
To complement and house the various research projects coming out of our department, we have established many world class research centres. Explore their work by clicking the links below.