This clinic is a multi-disciplinary clinic for patients with prolonged concussion symptoms of 1-12 months directly related to Sport Concussion**. There is a charge of $375.00 to the patient for services not covered by Alberta Health Care (Physical Therapy Assessment, Neuropsychology). Interested patients should have their GP complete the referral form and fax it to the GSSMC at 780-407-5667. Any concussions occuring within the last 30 days may book in directly with Codi Isaac on Wednesday afternoons.
**Please note that cases related to WCB or MVA will not be accepted at this clinic.
Individuals who have sustained a concussion in the last 1-12 months, and are experiencing persisting symptoms. These symptoms should be documented for the weeks leading up to the appointment. Below is a list of potential symptoms often experienced after a concussion:
- Headache or a feeling of pressure in the head
- Temporary loss of consciousness
- Confusion or feeling as if in a fog
- Amnesia surrounding the traumatic event
- Dizziness or "seeing stars"
- Ringing in the ears
- Slurred speech
- Delayed response to questions
- Appearing dazed
What to expect:
An assembled expert team of concussion rehabilitation professionals will perform a complete concussion examination. A vestibular, occipital motor, and cervical assessment will be conducted by our physiotherapist. Our neurologist and neuropsychologist will screen and assess neurological function and perform neuropsychological testing, while our SMP reviews all previous diagnostic imaging and medical management. Together our team works together to assess and establish a patient centered plan for post-concussion rehabilitation.
The CCC team includes:
- Dr. Mrazik (Neuropsychologist)
- Dr. J. Neilson (Neurologist)
- C. Isaac (Physical Therapy)
- Dr. M. Wesner (Sports Medicine Physician)
- Dr. C. Lebrun (Sports Medicine Physician)
- Dr. T. DeFreitas (Sports Medicine Physician)
For further information, please contact Briana Gomes at 780-407-5180 or via email at email@example.com.