Please note: When you click to join the online video chat, you will be prompted to download the zoom app if you haven't already.
The English Conversation Club (ECC) is a place for students, staff and faculty, from Canada and around the world, to share their perspectives, culture, and viewpoints on a wide variety of topics. A chance to see how your world views contrast and compare to others, and a chance to interact and build relationships with a diverse group of individuals.
Through the sharing of insights, opinions and questions, we play in and around topics that may not be found in your everyday academic interactions. Though the perspectives are varied, the predominant language of conversation is English. You may find new ideas and interesting ways to express them, or you may even find a few new alternative ways to express older familiar ideas.
All levels of thought are welcome, communicators especially welcome.
Each week the ECC focuses on a different topic. The English Conversation Club meets every Friday throughout the academic year.
No registration required. Drop-ins welcome!
Who should attend?
- International students who want to practice and improve their English
- International and Canadian students who want to share and learn cultures
- Canadian students who would like to engage with international students and staff
- Any staff or faculty that find this concept interesting
What are the benefits?
- Get to practice your English and learn about Canadian culture
- Share and learn about your culture in a Canadian setting
- Practice international communication skills
- Share experiences
- Make friends
- And more!