Student is to discuss with their supervisor, and then submit the following documents to the Graduate Program Administrator:
- FGSR’s Application for Leave of Absence form
- proof of pregnancy birth/adoption or physician’s report
- Associate Dean (Graduate) will review and approve request
- Student will receive approval email from Graduate Program Administrator
- Form and supporting documentation will be sent to FGSR; FGSR will officially update student record to reflect leave
Paid Maternity/Parental Leaves
Academically Employed Graduate Students (AEGS) with Faculty funded Graduate Assistantship funding are eligible for a paid maternity/parental leave (maternity- up to six weeks at 100% of stipend; parental- up to 10 weeks at 75% stipend).
Payment is in accordance with the student’s original funding offer from the Faculty (Master’s: 6 hours/week; Doctoral: 12 hours/week).
The four month paid maternity/parental leave can either be included within the Faculty’s committed time frame (Master’s: 2 years [16 months], Sept-April; Doctoral: 4 years [32 months], Sept-April) while on an official leave of absence, or be deferred a term upon return from the leave of absence, but will not exceed the Faculty’s original funding commitment offer.
To apply for a paid maternity/parental leave, submit the following in addition to the Application for Leave of Absence form and supporting document(s):