Student Life

Make this the year you get involved with a student club or project on campus. Students within the Faculty of Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation get to experience the vast amount of activities of a large university while being part of a small faculty.

Get involved! Participating in activities will allow you to meet new people, develop new skills and discover new interests. Be sure to get the most out of your university experience!


Student Groups

Physical Education and Recreation Graduate Student Society (PERGSS) - PERGSS is a student run organization that serves as an academic and social support system for graduate students.

Graduate Student Association (GSA) - The GSA is a student-led, not-for-profit corporation, with a mission to advocate for support for graduate students. All graduate students at the U of A are automatically members of the GSA, with the right to vote in elections (and run for office!), and serve on committees.

Student Group Services - Student groups are registered and supported through Student Group Services and the Office of the Dean of Students.

BearsDen - Find a group or club that interests you



On campus

Residence Services - Residence Services provides on-campus housing for students, including those with families. You can check out residences and rates, and also apply online.

International Centre - The International Centre maintains a housing binder for international students looking for accommodation.

Off campus

Edmonton Journal - Our local newspaper provides a list of accommodation that is available to rent.

Housing Registry - Find a place, a roommate or both. A database of available housing in the university area and more. Updated constantly, this is the best site of its kind in the city.

Renting Spaces - This is another online service that connects renters with available accommodation.

Landlord and Tenant Issues - The City of Edmonton website provides information about landlord and tenant responsibilities and dispute resolution advice.

Parking and Public Transport

Campus Map - If you're walking on campus, these maps will help you figure out how to get where you need to go.

Edmonton International Airport - This website has all of the arrival and departure information you may need.

Edmonton Transit - The Edmonton Transit website includes schedule and route information.

Parking Services - If you plan to drive and park on campus, University of Alberta Parking Services can help you out.

Safewalk - Provides a free walk-along service for students and staff travelling on and around campus at night.

Universal Transit Pass (U-Pass) - The U-Pass provides eligible students with unlimited access to public transportation for Edmonton, St. Albert and Strathcona County for all academic terms.