***Applications for Fall 2019 admissions will open on October 1, 2018.
Step 1: Choose a program and specialization
To apply for Graduate studies, please visit the Faculty of Graduate Studies Application website.
Step 2: Submit the required documents - All required supporting documents must be uploaded DIRECTLY to the online application.
- Curriculum Vitae Form(PDF, 56kb)
- Personal Statement - one to two pages outlining your background, your interest in Math or Stat Sciences and your future plans.
- English Language Proficiency Examination Results
- 3 letters of reference - You will need to supply the names and institutional email addresses of your referees in the online application.
- School Documents - You will be required to scan and upload each page (front and back) of your most up-to-date official academic documents from all post secondary institutions attended (including incomplete studies, exchange and transfer credit courses). These documents must be uploaded in PDF
- Transcripts or Marksheet in Original Language
- Transcripts or Marksheet in English Translation (if original is not in English)
- Degree Certificate in Original Language
- Degree Certificate in English Translation (if original is not in English)
NOTE: If your program is not yet completed, we will require an "In-Progress" transcript/marksheet uploaded (each page front and back) to the online application.
Step 3: Pay the application fee
Payment of the $100 application fee is required before your application is officially submitted.
Be sure to record:
- your email when creating a user account, as it will be your user login
- user login password
Once an account has been created a system generated email will be sent.
When the application has been completed (submitted), you will receive a confirmation email. This email is very important to keep. It contains a link to the Application Portal where an applicant can login and track the progress/ status of the application.
If you are experiencing problems with the online application or application fee payment, please contact email@example.com or phone (780) 492-3499 or 1-800-758-7136 (Canada and US only).
Paper applications are NOT accepted.
The status of your application
Please check the Application Portal for the status of your application.
Once an admission decision has been made on your application, you will be notifies via the Application Portal. The department cannot give application or document status out over email or the telephone.
If your application is successful, you will receive an official admission letter from the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research via the Application Portal. When you receive this letter, you must request OFFICIAL transcripts and degree certificates (if applicable) be sent by the relevant institution DIRECTLY to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research.
Notarized documents by a notary public, or endorsed by a lawyer, professor, or judge are not accepted.
- Transcripts provided to support a degree that has been conferred must cover the entire period of the degree.
- An English translation of transcripts in languages other than English must be provided by the issuing institution or by a certified translator.
- If the transcript is issued in French by a Canadian institution, then no English language translation is required.
The following may be submitted, but are not required.
Please mail all official application documents to the following address:
2-29 Triffo Hall
University of Alberta
Edmonton , Alberta
Canada T6G 2R3