Are you interested in STEM Outreach? Would you like extensive experience in an office environment? WISEST recruits a volunteer every Fall Term to work 5-10 hours a week from October to March.
- Assist in managing WISEST's social media accounts, including creating engaging content and monitoring analytics.
- Support our Outreach Coordinator in the planning and developing of various outreach activities (e.g., school visits, tabling).
- Communicate effectively with the Team Lead, Outreach Coordinator, and Program Coordinator.
We operate as a small collaborative team, and may require the assistance of the WISEST intern to complete other related duties.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Sound understanding of the barriers surrounding inclusion in STEM
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff and volunteers
- Effective and efficient skills in planning, organizational, and time management
- Interest in promoting and discussing diversity in STEM with a wide variety of audiences