You must book your outdoor site at least ten business days in advance.
- Complete and submit your outdoor site request form.
- Contact our Site Booking Coordinator at 780-492-2301 or firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability and pre-book your site.
- Request approval for your event. Students must contact the Office of the Dean of Students for approval. Faculty may need approval from their Dean and staff may need approval from their department’s Director.
- We will be in touch to confirm your outdoor site booking.
Facilities and Operations approves your outdoor site booking, not your event. Students are required to submit an Event Form via BearsDen in order to receive approval from the Office of the Dean of Students.
Large events: You must provide a detailed event outline and a site layout map with your outdoor site booking request for a large event. Some large events require site reconditioning (cost is $200).
Tent placement: We do not provide or rent tents, but you may supply your own. If you plan to use a tent with stakes for your event, you must arrange for tent placement at least 48 hours in advance. Our minimum charge for tent placement is $17. For more information about tent placement, contact our Site Booking Coordinator at 780-492-2301 or email@example.com.
Tent permits and inspections: You will need to apply for a building permit and have your tent inspected if:
- Your tent is 60 square metres or larger
- You plan to cook inside your tent
- You plan to use a gas-fired heating device inside your tent
Please contact our Site Booking Coordinator at 780-492-2301 or firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for your permit. Once your permit is in place, we will arrange an inspection.
Food and alcohol: You must be registered with Alberta Health Services to sell food at your event. If you will be serving alcohol, you must have a liquor permit and your event must be fenced. Facilities and Operations supplies and installs fencing (cost is $400) or you may supply and install your own. Read our full policy on alcohol.
Barbeques: We do not provide or rent barbeques, but you may supply your own. You must have a fire extinguisher on site for each barbeque. L’Express in SUB has barbeques and fire extinguishers available for rent.
Waste, recycling and organics bins: We have waste, recycling and organics bins available to rent ($15 to $19 each). Permanent outdoor waste or recycling containers are not to be used for outdoor events.
Noise levels: Please keep noise levels in mind when planning your event. If noise levels will be higher than normal (for example, you've hired a band), it's up to you to notify the occupants of nearby buildings in advance.
Electrical access: If you need electricity during your event, please complete and submit a Work Requisition.