University faculty and staff who are required to drive a university-owned vehicle or vehicle rented or leased for university business, must be authorized drivers. Additional requirements apply to operators of 12/15 passenger vans and 24 passenger buses and ATVs.
Our driver authorization requirements include:
- Must meet minimum 19 years of age requirement
- Cannot exceed violation and demerit limitations
- Submission of the application for university driving privileges and consent form
- Completion of our online defensive driving course and evaluation
- Completion of Bus and Passenger Van Orientation or ATV Training Course, if required
For details on driver authorization, please visit our Driver Authorization Requirements.