How to Apply

Admission requirements vary based on the program. Please check individual program pages for more information specific to a particular program. View the Program Admission page for additional information related to admission, transcripts, transfer credit, provisional admission, readmission, and admission for international students.

Please be aware that Continuing Education courses are not eligible for study permits, post-graduation work permits, or related immigration purposes. These programs are exclusively intended for personal and professional development.

Only the students who formally apply for admission to their selected program offered by Continuing Education will be eligible for program completion.

Submitting an Application

To complete a program offered by Continuing Education, you must submit a completed Application for Program Admission form and provide any related documentation required for that program.

  • Enables you to receive the formal credential (certificate, citation, etc.)
  • Application processing fee: $100
    Note: The fee is waived for UAlberta Alumni & Associate Alumni: mention your status on the application form to receive this exemption.

Online Application Submission

Transcript Submission

Not all programs require a transcript for admission; please check the program web page to confirm admission requirements.

If you previously attended the University of Alberta, you are not required to re-submit your transcripts.

Please do not submit any documents prior to completing your Continuing Education application.

Note that scanned and/or faxed documentation will not replace the official documents required.

All documents submitted in support of your application for admission become the property of the University of Alberta and will not be returned.

Do not submit irreplaceable documents unless otherwise requested. If documents are irreplaceable, please submit a certified true copy.

  • Certified true copies must be authorized by the issuing institution (e.g. a ministry of education office, university, college, or school). Certified true copies that are authorized by a governmental notary public agency in the issuing country may be considered.
  • In the event that a certified true copy is presented, Continuing Education Student Service Office reserves the right to request the original document for verification upon your arrival.

All documents must be translated into English.

  • Documents issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by an official English translation.
  • Translations into other languages will not be accepted.

Admission Decision + Status

Students are notified via their email of their admission decision. Students can access their Admission Letter in Bear Tracks by selecting Academics > My Academics > Official Correspondence.

Students can log into Bear Tracks to track the application progress. The application status can only be viewed for current or future terms. The Application Status informs students of the completeness of the application.

Learn more about using your Campus Computing ID, Bear Tracks and university email.