Where university people or property are involved, you must report the following:
- Physical harm
- Exposure or possible exposure to hazardous materials
Exposure to hazardous substances
Near-miss health & safety violation
- Workplace scenario that compromises government or university health and safety policy, regulations, or guidelines
- E.g. unsecured gas cylinders, improper disposal of hazardous waste or improper storage of chemicals
- Resulting in a loss that exceeds $500
- Property damage resulting from theft? Report it to Protective Services.
Spill or other uncontrolled release
- Uncontrolled release of hazardous material
Near miss event
- Potential for serious injury, hazardous spill or release, or property damage
What happens after you report?