Do you hold any positions outside the clinic?
Professor Emeritus University of Alberta and consultant sports medicine, University of Alberta teams.
What is your clinical speciality?
• Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Surgery
• Named one of the 100 physicians of the Century by the Government of Alberta
• Has received Special Recognition awards for contributions to the Horse Industry, Government of Alberta, The Silver Jubilee and Centennial Medals
What did you study and where?
• Physiotherapy qualifications from the Prince of Wales Hospital (London, England), the University of Toronto, and the University of Alberta
• M.D. with Distinction, University of Alberta
• Fellowship and Specialist Certificate , College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
• North American Travelling Fellow, American Orthopaedic Association
• Lord Nuffield Scholarship in Orthopaedic Surgery, Oxford University
• Master of Surgery Degree, University of Liverpool
Do you have any specific research interests & publications?
• Long Term Outcomes and Complications of Ligament Reconstruction
• Complications of Allograft and Synthetic Ligament Reconstruction
• Functional Outcomes and Complications of percutaneous Fasciotomies
Author of numerous scholarly texts and book chapters as well as over 100 published papers covering a diverse array of scientific areas.
Do you work specific days/hours?
Are you affiliated with any teams?
• University of Alberta Intervarsity Teams
• Edmonton Eskimos Football Team
• Edmonton Oilers Hockey Team
What is your favorite way to stay active?
Working hard on the farm.