Fee Information at a Glance
These pages provide information and advice about fees to graduate students currently registered in programs at the University of Alberta (see below for a note to prospective students). Follow the links on the left to access:
The sample fee assessments provided on this website are examples only. Please use them as a general guideline. Not all programs follow the same fee structure. If you are unsure about your program fee structure, we recommend you consult the non-standard fees list or contact your department.
Students can view their Official Fee Assessments in real time on Bear Tracks:
- Financials - Fee assessment (to view courses and associated fees);
- Financials - Account Details (to view fee types and payments received).
Check Your Fee Assessment Regularly!
It is very important to check your Bear Tracks account regularly. Due to system configuration and changes, student fees may be recalculated throughout the term.
Please notify email@example.com as soon as possible if you are concerned about your fee assessment being either too high or too low in value.
Payment and Deadlines
Students are responsible for finding out the correct amount of fees owing and paying this amount on or before the fee payment deadline.
Student Tuition Payment Options are available on the Financial Services website. For more information on Fees Payment, see the Fees Payment Guide of the University Calendar.
Note that paying Fall and Winter fees per term, adds $40 to your Winter assessment. Similarly, paying Spring and Summer fees separately, adds $40 to your Summer assessment.
Graduate students appointed to teaching or research assistantships will have outstanding tuition balances automatically deducted from their paycheques. See the Payroll Deductions section for further details.
If you are a prospective graduate student, please note that:
- The fee information presented on these pages is based on 2019-2020 rates, which are subject to change in subsequent years;
- You can access rough estimates of the total fees and costs of living associated with a UAlberta graduate degree (also based on 2019-2020 rates) on this page.
If you are an international student seeking admission in Fall 2020 or later, please note that:
- The University of Alberta is introducing a new tuition model for international students who enroll in new programs starting in Fall 2020.
- As part of this new tuition model for international students, you will be provided with a tuition guarantee at the time of admission.
- For details on how this works (and more specific tuition information), see this page.