The University of Alberta's Career Centre has partnered with the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) to develop the Graduate Student Internship Program (GSIP), to provide paid flexible work experience opportunities for UAlberta graduate students. Interdisciplinary work placements will be available throughout the year to allow graduate students to strengthen their professional and transferable skills. It includes the Sustainability Scholars Program and the Public Service Graduate Internship with Institute of Public Administration Canada (IPAC), Edmonton Region.
Why Hire a GSIP Intern?
- 600+ University of Alberta students employed since 2016;
- 200+ employers across private, public, and not-for-profit sectors;
- A quick, simple, and efficient way to hire smart, talented, and energetic people; and
- GSIP can serve as a probationary period toward more permanent employment.
- University of Alberta posts positions for UAlberta students and forwards resumes of eligible applicants to employers;
- Employers select the most suitable candidate from the pool of talented applicants;
- Internships can be part-time or full-time with flexible start and end dates; and
- Employers pay interns a fair and competitive salary, with the potential to access a wage subsidy.