SciTV is the digital signage broadcast in public areas of the Centennial Centre for Interdisciplinary Science (CCIS). This system provides an opportunity to communicate science events, services and news to Faculty of Science students, faculty, staff, alumni and visitors.
Disclaimer: To optimize the management of digital signage content, the Faculty of Science reserves the right to determine which groups, what content, the duration, dates and times of broadcasting. Content that violates SciTV policy or does not meet the minimum technical requirements will not be approved for display.
Submit your slide as a PNG file attachment to email@example.com. Please ensure that the file adheres to the technical checklist below or it may not be posted.
- 1920 x 1080 x 60dpi image file in PNG format (JPEG files will also be accepted, but may not display optimally on our monitors)
- File is named according to mandatory naming convention:
Expiration Date YYYY_ MM_ DD _Slide title_ Name of department or group
Example: 2012_04_28_RU Lemieux Lecture on Biotechnology_Dept of Chemistry
Submission Deadlines and Restrictions
- Updates are made once per week on Wednesdays
- Submissions must be received by email by 12:00pm the Friday prior (to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please use the subject line “SciTV Submission” in your email
- Approved postings will run until the expiration date specified in the slide filename
- Posts for scheduled events can run for a maximum of 4 weeks before the event date
- Postings will be displayed on all SciTV screens. Individual screens cannot be selected or excluded
- Please note the Faculty of Science reserves the right to decide what is appropriate for posting and where a posting will appear in the rotation
- This service is provided without charge and without guarantee
- Questions should be addressed to email@example.com (they will be answered once a week on Wednesdays)
- Student groups are permitted to display a maximum of four advertisements through SciTV per month