Thank you for your interest. Applications for the Winter 2020 UARE Program are now closed for all 50+ projects across various disciplines. Applications for Summer 2020 will open on or after September 6, 2019.
Please follow these steps to apply:
- Review the available research projects on our website. You can filter by the program type 'UARE Winter'.
- Apply to the project(s) you are interested in through the Horizons database: https://ualberta-horizons.symplicity.com/?mode=list (click on the "UARE Program" button in the top right-hand corner of the page, then click "No" to the pop-up message).
- On the 'Search Programs' website page, look at the Results section. Click on the hyperlinked research project title (under “Program Info) to view project details.
Register to apply for UARE by clicking on the “Incoming Student Registration” button at the bottom of the description page of the project you are interested in applying to. Do not click on the “I need to register for an account” link located in the top-right of the page.
- You will be prompted to provide your personal information and create an account password.
- After your account is created you will log into the system using your new account information and complete the application. In the application you must provide a Cover Letter, Resume, Transcripts and TWO (2) References. All of these items must be included with your complete application by the deadline in order to be considered. Please remember to numerically indicate your project preference/ranking in the application forms (1 being your top preference, 2 being your second preference, etc.).
- Click on the “Submit Your Application” button. The system will confirm that your application has been submitted. After your application has been submitted, you will be able to check on whether the referees you designated have provided their references. Only COMPLETE applications with TWO (2) references submitted by the published deadline will be considered.
- You may apply for as many projects as you are interested in and qualified for (please be sure to review the desired Academic Backgrounds, which are stated with the research project details).
- Should you be selected for an internship, any other steps regarding your application will be communicated to you BY EMAIL outside of the Horizons Symplicity system. Please be sure that the primary email address you've entered in the system is spelled correctly and checked frequently.
Please remember to indicate your project preference in each application you submit. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
Only students selected for an internship will be contacted. Please review the Important Dates for a timeline of when results will be released.