The application system will be open as of November 1, 2017 for Fall 2018 intake. The deadline for submitting a complete application is March 15, 2018. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered for admission. Note that there is no Winter intake in the MSc in Urban and Regional Planning.
Tips for Submitting a Complete Application:
- compile and scan your documents - this includes transcripts from every post-secondary institution you attended regardless of whether you passed, failed, or completed a credential or not
- contact your references beforehand so that they are prepared for the next steps. They are sent an email when you submit the application, in which they will be given a link to access the application system and provide an online assessment of you. They may also upload a letter at that time.
- complete the Statement of Intent Form specific to Urban and Regional Planning
What to do After Submitting Application:
- periodically check the application portal for updates
- respond to communications promptly
- respond to offers of admission promptly
- realize that assessment of your application takes time
Entrance Requirements - Two Year Standard Stream
Entrance Requirements - One Yer Accelerated Stream
- Undergraduate degree in Planning (accredited by the Professional Standards Board for Planning Profession in Canada) and two or more calendar years professional experience in Planning, or
- Case by case assessment of other combinations of experience and degrees, where the applicant has a significant number of years of professional experience in Planning (a minimum of 5 years) in the absence of a Planning degree
Applicants seeking to apply to the 1-year accelerated program will require the following:
How to Apply
To apply, applicants can go to the FGSR website, and click the Apply Now button. You will need to Select Earth and Atmospheric Sciences (/or search by department) and use the Click here to access the application portal, where you will be able to create your account and apply for the program. To see the screenshots of the “application process” click here (pdf).