Welcome to the Postgraduate Residency Program. We offer a five-year training program in Emergency Medicine accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
We train residents in the Emergency Medicine Certification program of the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
Emergency Medicine is a mandatory Year 4 MD undergraduate rotation at the U of A. In addition to its Emergency Medicine residents, the Department provides a mandatory rotation for all postgraduate trainees at the university. For residents in many disciplines, Emergency Medicine is often their only exposure to undifferentiated, acutely ill patients.
This section of our website includes information on our residency programs, plus essential day–to–day information for current residents.
RCPSC CARMS Match
We are delighted to have the following medical students join our program in July 2016:
- Isabelle Colmers, University of Alberta
- Nina Lam, University of Alberta
- Alberta Mallia, University of Alberta
- Kristin Morch, University of British Columbia
- Rebecca Schonnop, University of British Columbia
- Kevin Skoblenick, University of Western Ontario
Congratulations and welcome!