Visiting Students (non-exchange)

International Students at Hockey Game

Students who wish to study in the Faculty of Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation at the University of Alberta from a non-exchange partner university may apply as a visiting student and study for up to two semesters given certain conditions are met.

Before initiating your application we would ask you to please consider the following questions:

  1. In what year of undergraduate studies are you currently enrolled?
  2. What is your major/minor at your home university?
  3. Have you taken any English language proficiency exams (i.e. TOEFL, IELTS) to demonstrate English language proficiency? If so, what is your highest achieved score within the last five years?
  4. How many semesters (1 or 2) do you plan on studying at the University of Alberta?

We ask that all international visiting students submit their most recent official transcript(s) in English.

If you are deemed eligible to study at the University of Alberta, you will then be able to choose from a range of courses (given that you meet the University of Alberta "prerequisite" requirements) in the following subjects (course code):

  1. Kinesiology (KIN)
  2. Kinesiology, Recreation and Leisure Studies (KRLS)
  3. Recreation and Leisure Studies (RLS)
  4. Health Education (HE ED)
  5. Dance (DANCE)
  6. Dance Activity (DAC)

Admission Requirements

Tuition and Fees

Learn more about current living expenses in Edmonton.

Apply Now