We recommend you compile all of your supporting documents before starting your application.
You will need to scan and save all your supporting documents, except reference letters, as PDF files, and then upload them directly to the online application portal. You must upload your documents on or before the application submission deadline.
Please provide your current curriculum vitae or resume.
Statement of Intent
Your statement of intent should be no more than two pages which should include:
- your specific area of academic interest (research topic you want to work on).
- how your past education and other experiences have prepared you to be successful in the graduate program.
- what you hope to achieve in the graduate program.
- why this particular program at the School of Public Health is the best place for you to pursue your interests.
Proof of English
Provide proof of your English language proficiency. More information about the requirements are available on the Admissions Requirements page.
Letters of Reference
- Three academic reference letters are required from MSc and PhD applicants.
- One academic and two professional (work or volunteer) references are required from MPH applicants. If the applicant is unable to secure an academic reference, three professional ones are accepted.
Please note: As shown in the image below, the reference text in the application states three academic references are required. Once the referee information is complete, the applicant will have the option to choose “work” or “academic."
A request is automatically sent to referees once the application is submitted*. Referees will receive an email notification with a link to the online referee form. The referee form, and a recommendation letter must be submitted within the portal.
*Payment of the $100 application fee is required before your application is officially submitted.
Academic Documents (transcripts, degree certificates)
- Include all transcripts from each post-secondary institution you attended (including incomplete studies, exchange and transfer credit courses).
- All transcripts must have a recent date on which it was printed.
- If your previous education was completed in India, Pakistan or Bangladesh, individual mark sheets are required; consolidated transcripts are not acceptable.
- A degree certificate must accompany transcripts* that do not clearly indicate:
- that a degree has been conferred/awarded/granted; and
- the date on which the degree was conferred.
- Degree certificates must include the date of issue; the registrar’s signature, and post-secondary institution stamp or seal.
*You may have an interim transcript that does not yet indicate that a degree has been conferred and the date that degree was conferred. However, final transcripts from all North American and many international institutions will include this information, in which case there is no need to submit a degree certificate.
Requirements for Acceptance of Uploaded Transcripts
It is important that you read the requirements for acceptance of uploaded transcripts which are outlined by the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research.
Exemptions on Application Fees
A $100 CAD non-refundable application fee is required. Payments can be made using a valid VISA or MasterCard credit card. For a list of countries that are exempted, please see here.