Centre for Healthy Communities scientists are affiliated with a research institution (or hold a research position outside of academia), actively participate in Centre initiatives, and contribute to shaping the strategic direction and growth within the Centre. They are researchers who uphold and support the Centre vision, mission, principles and values.
Together, they embrace engaged scholarship by working closely with communities to address applied public health problems and societal questions that impact health, well-being and sustainability. Centre scientists support Canadians in helping their communities achieve their healthiest potential by:
- facilitating access to necessary data and tools,
- mobilizing research evidence,
- harnessing scientific and experiential (practice and community-based) knowledge,
- building or enhancing supportive environments, and
- working collaboratively to achieve collective impact.