Dr. Guptill's program of research focuses on work disability prevention, with a specific focus on the health and occupational performance of musicians. This population focus includes elements of health promotion, workplace health and disability management, physical and psychosocial rehabilitation, and occupational science, to name a few.
Current research projects:
1. Canadian trial of an assessment protocol for music students (MusicCohort)
2. Canadian trial of Sound Performers, an online health literacy intervention for tertiary music students, funded by the Worldwide Universities Network
3. Design and delivery of an assessment battery for Dancers, Instrumentalists, Vocalists and Actors (D.I.V.A.)
4. Scoping review of the relationship between physical and mental health as portrayed by the Performing Arts Medicine literature
5. Scoping review of the impact of stretching for dancers and musicians
For a list of my publications, please see ORCID.
To retrieve open access copies of my publications, please search my last name at: https://era.library.ualberta.ca/
Media coverage: Global News CBC Radio