Dr. Guptill's program of research focuses on work disability prevention, with a specific focus on the health and occupational performance of musicians. This population focus includes elements of health promotion, workplace health and disability management, physical and psychosocial rehabilitation, and occupational science, to name a few.
Current research projects:
1. Canadian trial of assessment protocol for music students (MusicCohort)
2. Canadian trial of Sound Performers, an online health literacy intervention for tertiary music students -
3. Design and delivery of an assessment battery for Dancers, Instrumentalists, Vocalists and Actors (D.I.V.A.)
4. Scoping review of relationship between physical and mental health as portrayed by the Performing Arts Medicine literature
5. Scoping review of impact of stretching for dancers and musicians