Dr. Hebert is the director of the BLINC Lab, and has research appointments at the University of Alberta and a clinical appointment at the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital.
Dr. Hebert leads the interdisciplinary clinical team that performs upper limb Targeted Reinnervation (TR) surgery in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Her research team studies advanced motor control and sensory feedback systems for upper limb myoelectric devices, under a group of projects known as “Bionic Limbs for Improved Natural Control” or “BLINC”. Research interests also include using technology to quantify and improve outcomes following limb amputation. Dr. Hebert is the Medical Advisor for the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital’s Computer-Assisted Rehabilitation Environment (CAREN) system, and works as physiatry consultant for Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Edmonton. She is also the Chair of the Medical Advisory Committee of the Amputee Coalition of Canada and a member of the Scientific and Medical Advisory Committee of the Amputee Coalition of America.
- Associate Professor, Division of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, University of Alberta.
- Associate Research Chair in Clinical Rehabilitation, Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Alberta.
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta.
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Surgery, University of Alberta.
- Medical Lead, Adult Amputee Rehabilitation, Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital, Alberta Health Services.