University of Alberta faculties, departments, and administrative units must take the following steps to report loss or damage of any kind to enable our office to investigate the claim and start the insurance claim process, if applicable.
- Complete an incident report with Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) for any incidents involving: physical harm; spill, exposure or possible exposure to hazardous materials; health & safety violations; property damage, theft, of loss exceeding $500; near-miss event that had the potential to cause serious injury, property damage, or a hazardous material spill.
- If the incident involved injury that required medical attention, it should also be reported to the Workers' Compensation Board (WCB) within 72 hours. Staff contact Human Resource Services. Students notify WCB.
- Report all incidents involving physical harm, property damage, or theft to Protective Services: call 780-492-5050 or report in person at 11390-87 Avenue (Education Car Park). For Augustana Campus call 780-608-2905.
- Submit your insurance claim by using our online forms:
- Use the automobile claim form to submit a claim for damage to University of Alberta vehicles (collision, theft, fire, etc) and injury resulting from collisions.
Departments and Faculties who have registered with Insurance & Risk Assessment may use the sport injury form to submit a claim for injuries resulting from sports accidents that occur during their sports programs (i.e. members of Varsity Teams, Faculty of Law teams, or Campus & Community Recreation program participants).
- For all claims except those resulting from automobile collisions or sport accidents, use the property & injury claim form.
All insurance claims at the University of Alberta are managed by Canadian Claim Services (CCS). Once you submit your claim, CCS will be in touch within 24 hours. If you you are not sure whether a loss or damage qualifies for an insurance claim or to follow up on a claim you have submitted, please contact CCS.
- CCS is available 24 hours a day at 1-877-443-1877 to answer questions about the claim you have submitted.