If you have sustained a loss or damage or any kind, you may be eligible to submit an insurance claim through our office. There are other offices that must be notified first in order for your claim to be processed. Please take the following steps to report injuries and property loss or damage.

  1. Complete an incident report with Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) for any incidents involving: physical harm; spill, exposure or possible exposure to hazardous materials; health & safety violations; property damage, theft, of loss exceeding $500; near-miss event that had the potential to cause serious injury, property damage, or a hazardous material spill. 
  2. Report all incidents involving physical harm, property damage, or theft to Protective Services: call 780-492-5050 or report in person at 11390-87 Avenue (Education Car Park). For Augustana Campus call 780-608-2905.
  3. Submit your insurance claim by using our online forms: 
    • Use the online property & injury claim form to report any loss or damage to University of Alberta property or equipment, excluding automobile damage (eg. flooding, fire, theft, etc). 
    • Use the online automobile claim form to submit an insurance claim for: damage to University of Alberta vehicles (collision, theft, fire, etc); damage to a personal vehicle sustained while conducting University of Alberta business. 

All insurance claims at the University of Alberta are managed by Canadian Claim Services (CCS). Once you submit your claim, CCS will be in touch within 24 hours. If you you are not sure whether a loss or damage qualifies for an insurance claim or to follow up on a claim you have submitted, please contact CCS. 

  • CCS is available 24 hours a day at 1-877-443-1877 to answer questions about the claim you have submitted.