Major in Agricultural Business Management
Prepare yourself for a career in agricultural management by gaining insight to business theory and agricultural science. This major offer a variety of educational opportunities:
- Develop expertise in both the science and business of agriculture.
- Gain the business management skills needed to operate effectively in the industry.
- Prepare for a management career in the agri-food industry.
- Access a range of courses within our faculty and within the Alberta School of Business.
Please note that this is not a direct-entry program. All applicants are required to complete some post-secondary pre-professional learning. Please review the admission requirements for more information.
Some of the most popular courses in this course include Introduction to Marketing, Co-operatives and Alternative Business Institutions, and Financial Management in Resource Industries.
Explore other course options in the full course catalogue. Please visit the Faculty's course listing and descriptions for more information about each course.
This program will prepare you for a range of management positions within the agri-food industry, including:
- Agricultural Loans Officer
- Management Consultant
- Market Research Analyst
- Food Processor Consultant
- Agriculture/Food Marketing Manager
- Business Development Officer
- Check out UAlberta's Agriculture Career Guide for more options.