Major in Land Reclamation
Develop the skills to restore impacted ecosystems with a major in land reclamation. As a student, you will have the chance to:
- Combine the natural and applied sciences to understand, assess and minimize the impacts of human activities on natural resources.
- Learn to conduct re-mediation, soil reclamation, re-vegetation and conservation measure to maintain quality environments.
- Develop skills to help you contribute natural science expertise to environmental assessment and land-use planning.
- Gain expertise in planning, rebuilding and managing the complex ecological relationships of natural and anthropogenically disturbed environments.
This major's most popular courses include Soil Fertility, Physical Hydrology and Environmental Assessment Principles & Methods.
Browse the full course listing to learn about other available courses. Please visit the Faculty's course listing and descriptions for more information about each course.
This degree will prepare you for a career as a:
- Reclamation specialist
- Remediation specialist
- Environmental planner
- Soil conservationist
- Environmental assessment analyst
- Environmental auditor
- Check out UAlberta's Environmental Science Career Guide for more options