Bachelor of Science in Fashion Business Management
Prepare for a career in the increasingly business-oriented, global, and growing fashion industry. This unique, multi-disciplinary program is a joint initiative of the Faculty of ALES and the Alberta School of Business. The program is administered by the Department of Human Ecology, Faculty of ALES.
During this four-year degree program, students will have the opportunity to:
- Prepare for a management career in the fashion industry or to develop the skills to start their own business.
- Take courses from within our faculty and within the Alberta School of Business.
- Gain an advanced understanding of the marketing, buying, selling, strategic planning, and management processes related to the fashion business.
- Gain understanding of the theoretical , practical, and ethical processes involved in textile and clothing design, production, distribution, and consumption.
- Students are encouraged to participate in the ALES Internship Program or the School of Business Co-op Program.
- Access the Department of Human Ecology’s Anne Lambert Clothing and Textile Collection, one of the country’s leading collections of fashion and textiles, housing more than 23,000 garments, accessories and textiles.
Please note that this is not a direct-entry program. All applicants are required to complete some post-secondary pre-professional learning.