Graduate students in the Faculty of Arts whose research projects are focused on socio-cultural, historical, religious and/or political issues in the Muslim context are encouraged to apply.
Number of Awards: A maximum of three Ph.D. students and three MA students from all departments/programs in the Faculty of Arts
Value: $6000 for each graduate student
Deadline: Students should check with their departments for internal deadlines. The deadline for the Graduate Scholarship Committee is April 1, 2019.
Eligibility: Awarded annually to a student registered full-time in the first through fifth year of a PhD program in the Faculty of Arts whose research focuses on Muslim/Islamic Studies.
Awarded annually to a student registered full-time in the first or second year of a Master’s degree program in the Faculty of Arts whose research focuses on Muslim/Islamic Studies.
Graduate students need to submit their applications to their departments. A complete application package consists of:
1. A letter of application by the student describing the student’s work
- A maximum of 500-word application letter describing the student’s research project and its relevance to Islamic Studies and/or Muslim Societies, indicating how the scholarship will further that research
- A maximum of three-page CV, highlighting the student’s academic accomplishments
2. A transcript of the academic record
- PhD and MA transcripts for PhD students
- BA and MA transcripts for MA students
3. Three letters of recommendations
A Graduate Scholarship Committee under the chairmanship of ECMC Chair of Islamic Studies will finalizes a nomination list for Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR).
Please send the complete application package of eligible students to:
ECMC Chair of Islamic Studies
10-25 Tory Building
Department of Political Science