Scholarships and Funding

We want our students to be able to focus on building their intellectual capital rather than worrying about money for rent or groceries. Most student support is handled through departments, so you should be in touch with your academic advisor to learn about teaching and scholarship possibilities. To get a sense of the awards adjudicated through FGSR, look here. Again, though, most of these awards are administered through individual departments, so your academic coordinator should be your first point of contact.

Awards administered by the Faculty of Arts are listed to the left of this page.

All graduate students who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents should apply for SSHRC awards. You can apply for Master's support even when you're an undergraduate! Deadlines occur in early fall, and most departments offer tips and mentoring to help your application succeed.