Applications and Deadlines

Major Deadlines

Sometimes there will be a second round of funding that may be available in June of each year. You can check the above UAI website at your discretion.

  • Apply KSR Faculty-led Exchanges by March 12, 2021 (Loughborough UK / Palacky CZ / NSSS Norway, German Sport University)
  • Apply for the Play Around The World program by November of each year. This can be counted as your practicum, please contact your undergraduate program advisor and practicum advisor for detailed information.)


  • Applicants must be registered as a full-time University of Alberta student in the Faculty of Kinesiology, Sports, and Recreation.
  • Applications may be submitted during the first year, but students will not be allowed to depart on exchange until at least 18 credits have been completed by the KSR exchange application deadline. (March of each year)
  • Candidates should have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and a GPA of 2.7 in your most recently completed term at University of Alberta.
  • Students in the practicum program are eligible to also participate on an exchange that is modified to be an international practicum placement. These must be coordinated at least 1 - 1.5 years in advance, as the paperwork for international practicums will be more complicated. Please talk to your practicum advisor (Tracy Whatmore) for your information.
  • Reach out to the KSR practicum advisor for your information

Application Information

Before you apply:

Application Package: Checklist

Applications must submit the application before the deadline BOTH by 1) PDF electronic to and 2) hardcopy to the Faculty of Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation Undergraduate Student Office (3rd Floor, University Hall, University of Alberta)

Important Documents:

  1. Permission to Participate Form (PDF)
  2. Information Release Waiver (PDF)
  3. Exchange Registration Form (PDF)
  4. Risk Management Agreement (PDF)
  5. Health/Travel Insurance Coverage Form (PDF)

Be aware of and abide by all international laws and immigration policies.

You are responsible to ensure you have the correct visiting visa/ student visa for the countries you will travel through or to. Visit here to find our more about Canadian travel VISAS.