Visiting Students

Students enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program at another university may apply to spend one term or academic year at the University of Alberta as a Visiting Student.


Applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible:

  • You must be registered in a degree program at your home institution.
  • Your home institution must provide a letter of permission.
  • You must complete a minimum of 24 credits at your home institution.
  • You must present English Language Proficiency.
  • You must present satisfactory academic standing.

Please consult the Academic Calendar for more information on these requirements.

If you would like to come to the Faculty of Agricultural, Life & Environmental Sciences to complete a full University of Alberta degree, please review the transfer student admission requirements of our degree programs.