Major in Agriculture and Resource Economics
Develop the skills you need to be a leader in the agriculture industry with a major in Agriculture and Resource Economics. This stream will give you the option to:
- Become an expert in using economic theory to solve real-world problems in agriculture and natural resource industries;
- Develop technical skills to help you assess a wide variety of policy and market issues;
- Apply your scientific knowledge and economic tools to production, processing, marketing, financing and consumption in the agri-food industry;
- Apply for Professional Agrologist (P.Ag.) designation once you graduate.
Some of our most popular courses include Economics of Production & Resource Management, Food Market Analysis and Communication Fundamentals for Professionals
Browse through the program course listing for more options. Please visit the Faculty's course listing and descriptions for more information about each course.
This program will prepare you for a range of careers, including:
- Agri-business management
- Agricultural specialist
- Agricultural commodity purchasing & sales
- Marketing manager
- Policy analyst
- Check out UAlberta's Agriculture Career Guide for more options.