Major in Animal Science
This program offers you the research skills and knowledge needed to succeed in a range of livestock and agriculture fields.
As a student, you will have the opportunity to:
- Become an expert in livestock studies including dairy, swine, beef and poultry.
- Gain experience in animal physiology, genetics, biochemistry, nutrition and behaviour.
- Test your knowledge in the faculty’s animal research facilities.
- Apply your knowledge to solve real-world problems in animal production systems.
- Become a Professional Agrologist (P.Ag.) once you graduate.
Some of our most popular courses include Principles of Animal Agriculture, Reproductive Physiology of Domestic Animals, and Integrative Project in Animal Science (Capstone Project).
Browse through the program course listing for more options. Please visit the Faculty's course listing and descriptions for more information about each course.
This program will prepare you for a range of careers, including:
- Agricultural apecialist
- Agricultural commodity inspector
- Market research analyst
- Crop & livestock producer
- Poultry industry careers
- Beef industry careers
- Check out UAlberta's Agriculture Career Guide for more opportunities.