Bachelor of Science in Agriculture | Major in Animal Science
This program offers you the research skills and knowledge needed to succeed in a range of livestock and agriculture fields.
As a student, you will have the opportunity to:
- Become an expert in livestock studies including dairy, swine, beef and poultry.
- Gain experience in animal physiology, genetics, biochemistry, nutrition and behaviour.
- Test your knowledge in the faculty’s animal research facilities.
- Apply your knowledge to solve real-world problems in animal production systems.
- Become a Professional Agrologist (P.Ag.) once you graduate
This degree program will allow you to complete your pre-veterinary medicine requirements. View the guide to veterinary school.
After three years of study at the University of Alberta, you may be eligible to complete both your BSc and BVM&S at the University of Edinburgh.